Senior Web and Application Developer with over twenty years of Front-End Internet development experience in a wide variety of business applications. Seasoned User Experience Architect who understands Accessibility, Development Methodologies, User Interface Design, Analytics, Social Media, Information Architecture, Search Engine Optimization, Mobile Device Site Development, and Content Internationalization. Perpetually interested in learning new technologies, methodologies, and development tools. I take great satisfaction in cultivating a reputation for providing solutions. Certified Scrum Master.
Lead Developer at Sparks Grove
- Collaboratively created a trade show touchscreen experience which displays an interactive map of the U.S. featuring client facility locations, providing employment opportunities at each, and allowing users to filter opportunities by specialty.
- Lead discovery and development of accessibility-improvement efforts toward websites for Fortune 100 companies in the banking and airline industries. Delivering ADA compliance improvements per WCAG 2.0 AA standards, we addressed design issues such as contrast and use of color, and technical issues such as keyboard-only navigation and screen-reader assistance.
- Contributed User Interface Development expertise to a great number of websites, email campaigns, and applications for a variety of clients, from scrappy startups to the biggest brands in the world.
- Participated in the crafting of proposals for bringing new work for the agency and met with prospective clients to explain the technical opportunities and approaches.
User Interface Engineer for AutoTrader
- As a senior front-end developer, participated in the creation of the next-generation of AutoTrader's Trade-In Marketplace which facilitates the trade-in or sale of vehicles between users and automotive dealers.
- Built portions of the funnel that collects data on the vehicle and returns a fair-market offer prior to the user visiting a dealership.
Senior Rich Media Developer for Hipcricket
- Developed Rich Media Advertisement SPAs for mobile devices, featuring engaging games, informative data feeds, and entertaining media presentations.
- Ensured proper tracking of user interaction via a variety of tracking technologies including Google Analytics and Doubleclick.
- Collaborated with creative resources to design SPA logic and functionality that met the business goals of the client while ensuring an effortless user experience.
Senior Web Developer for Case-Mate
- Designed, developed, and maintained domestic and international eCommerce sites, selling cellphone cases and accessories.
Senior Internet Development Consultant for Coca-Cola
- Doing business as Tasanova Inc., consulted on the Innovations Team of Coca-Cola's Global IT division.
- Contributed to a Coca-Cola internal dashboard of applications, company resources, and user-defined content feeds.
Senior Web Developer for CCP Games / White Wolf
- Designed, developed, and maintained .NET websites targeted to players and potential players of White Wolf and CCP Games properties.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the EVE Online Store, built on AbleCommerce.
User Experience Architect for OfficeArrow.com
- Designed, developed, and maintained user interfaces to officearrow.com, a social networking site catering to the interests of office professionals and small business owners, as well as ancillary sites and email/newsletter campaigns.
Internet Developer for Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Designed, developed and maintained user interfaces to IHG Web applications. While there, the reservations system hit a daily gross revenue high of $9.8 million.
Implementation Producer for CoxSearch
- Responsible for the construction of the user interface of a localized search tool that is designed to provide information, including maps and directions, to products and services to be found in the Atlanta area.
Multimedia Developer / Writer for Six Continents eLearning
- Conceived and designed online eLearning courses based on collaborations with trainers and with an understanding of the multicultural international audience.
Senior Internet Application Developer for Stardata Technologies, Inc.
- Developed front-end GUI of schoolSERVER, a Student Information Management System.
Web Development Manager for National Electronic Attachment, Inc.
- Designed and developed websites to market the processing of dental insurance claims.
Web Master for CNN Interactive
- In addition to preparing news features and breaking news stories for the largest news site in the world, I managed the daily technical operations of the political news branch, AllPolitics.com.
- In other news ... was coded back on September 29, 1996.
Clemson University, 1993
Carson-Newman College, 1991