Senior Web Developer with nigh twenty years of Front-End Internet development experience in a wide variety of business applications. Seasoned User Experience Architect who understands Accessibility, UI Design, Analytics, Social Media, Information Architecture, Search Engine Optimization, Mobile Device Site Development, and Content Internationalization. Interested in obtaining a challenging Web development position with the opportunity for growth and greater responsibilities based upon demonstrated performance. Perpetually interested in learning new technologies, methodologies, and development tools. I take great satisfaction in cultivating a reputation for providing solutions.
Web Application Development ToolsAdobe Creative Suite, including PhotoShop CS6, Illustrator CS6, Flash CS6, and Dreamweaver CS6. MicroSoft’s Expression Studio Ultimate (particularly SketchFlow) and Visual Studio 2010. Version controls ClearCase, Perforce, Visual SourceSafe, Subversion, and Git. Agile scrum management tools JIRA, Hansoft and VersionOne. Content Management Systems Umbraco and Subdreamer, and forum software packages YetAnotherForum and vBulletin.
Relevant Professional Experience
Senior Rich Media Developer
Hipcricket / Atlanta, GA
August 2013 – April 2015
- Developed Mobile Web Sites and Rich Media Advertisements for mobile devices, single page applications featuring engaging games, informative data feeds, and entertaining media presentations.
- Developed mobile Web sites for a variety of clients such as IKEA, Anheuser-Busch, Ford, Disney, Best Buy, Nissan, and General Electric.
- Ensured proper tracking of user interaction via a variety of tracking technologies.
Senior Internet Developer
Case-Mate / Tucker, GA
June 2012 – August 2013
- Maintained both HTML5/Backbone and Flash versions of Case-Mate’s custom mobile device case creation application.
Senior Internet Development Consultant
The Coca-Cola Company / Atlanta, GA
November 2011 – April 2012
- Doing business as Tasanova Inc., consulted on the Innovations Team of Coca-Cola’s Global IT division.
- Contributed to a Coca-Cola internal dashboard of applications, company resources, and user-defined content feeds developed for the desktop, iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad, Android, and BlackBerry.
Senior Web Developer
CCP Games / Atlanta, GA
February 2010 – December 2011
- Designed and developed .NET websites targeted to players and potential players of White Wolf and CCP Games properties.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the EVE Online Store, built on AbleCommerce.
- Designed and developed marketing sites for video games such as DUST 514 utilizing the Team Foundation Server framework and Umbraco CMS. This project was brought to completion using the Kanban development methodology.
- Designed and developed dual-purpose sites providing current players a forum for interaction as well as marketing to potential players the thrill of role-playing games such as Vampire the Masquerade and other White Wolf offerings. These were crafted using the Umbraco and YetAnotherForum systems.
User Experience Architect
OfficeArrow, LLC / Atlanta, GA
April 2008 – January 2010
- Designed, developed, and maintained user interfaces to officearrow.com as well as ancillary sites and email/newsletter campaigns. With over 230,000 members, officearrow.com is a social networking site that caters to the interests of office professionals and small business owners.
- Projects were broken into two-week Agile scrums, planned and tracked through VersionOne.
InterContinental Hotels Group / Atlanta, GA
June 2005 – April 2008
- Participated in the systems design, implementation, integration and testing, deployment and maintenance stages of the software development lifecycle for many projects. Projects employed both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- As Flash Liaison, worked with third party Flash development firms to ensure successful integration of multimedia projects into IHG systems architecture, reviewed code, and maintained applications.
- Significant projects include the development and deployment of the redesigns for IHG brands such as Holiday Inn, Candlewood, InterContinental, etc., development of functionality to enable members of Priority Club to receive copies of their hotel stay bills via email, a partnership with Lonely Planet to develop a European Holiday site, and integration of an online chat reservation assistance system.
CoxSearch / Atlanta, GA
November 2003 – February 2004
- Responsible for the construction of the user interface of a localized search tool that is designed to provide information, including maps and directions, to products and services to be found in the Atlanta area.
- Designed and developed JSP templates that employed an Endeca search engine drawing upon multiple databases.
Multimedia Developer / Writer
Six Continents eLearning (now IHG) / Atlanta, GA
April 2002 – June 2003
- Conceived and designed online eLearning courses based on collaborations with trainers and with an understanding of the multicultural international audience.
- Developed multimedia online interactive training courseware titles that instructed users in a variety of service and procedural initiatives that are aligned with company's business strategy.
- Developed evaluation strategies and tools to assess the impact of learning initiatives.
Senior Internet Application Developer
Stardata Technologies, Inc. / Atlanta, GA
January 2001 - October 2001
- Developed front-end GUI of Stardata's primary product, schoolSERVER, a Java-based Student Information Management System.
- Maintained demonstration versions of the product for use by the training and sales departments.
Web Development Manager
National Electronic Attachment, Inc. / Atlanta, GA
June 1999 - October 2000
- Designed and developed the FastAttach Web site, the DentalClaim.com Web site, and an online application that facilitates the processing of dental insurance claims.
- Ensured an ever-growing amount of audience traffic through use of meta-tags, search engine registrations, and reciprocal link placements on other sites that publish content for dental industry professionals.
CNN Interactive / Atlanta, GA
September 1996 - June 1999
- Created back-end Perl scripts that facilitated the production and posting of news content web pages to the web servers.
- Managed the daily technical operations of the political news branch of CNN Interactive, AllPolitics.com.
- Created many in-depth self-contained news web sites under the CNN Interactive masthead.
- Managed a newsroom staff of web editors responsible for the creation of news content web pages featuring text, images, sound files, movie files and relative links.
- Responsible for insuring that style and technical standards were met before posting content to the largest news web site in the world, visited by hundreds of thousands people each day.